Peru, Travel Tips, and Money

Capital: Lima
Language: Spanish (a good portion also speak Quechua)
Currency: Nuevo Sol
Religion: 98% Christian
Population: 29.5 million

I will always carry cash with me, however it is strongly suggested to carry a credit or travelers check card as well in the case of emergencies.  I will always be very anal about where I carry my money and identification as pick-pocketing is a possibility in Lima.  

There are a few vaccinations I will need to get before going to Peru.
* yellow fever, hep A, typhoid, rabies

The currency exchange rate between Canadian dollars and Peruvian Nuevo Sols can be found HERE.
Currently is is approximately: 1 CAD = 2.75097 PEN     or     1 PEN = 0.363509 CAD

There are many ATM's all throughout the country the dispense nuevo sol as well as American dollars.