Itinerary Days 5-10: Amazon Cruise

Aqua Expeditions defines the itinerary for the cruise so the day to day events are not up to me, however I am very excited for everything.  I will be taking the Aqua Expeditions Explorer Cruise (4 nights).  The exact itinerary as detailed by the cruise can be viewed HERE.  I will high light the aspects of each day that I am looking forward to the most.  Throughout the cruise I will be relaxing in my spare time and taking full advantage of the luxurious amenities included (shown in the Amazon River Explorer Cruise post of the blog).  I am extremely excited to see many species that can ONLY be found here in the entire world, and photograph as much as possible!

DAY 5 (Tuesday)
Not too much is happening today, it will be very exciting to start this journey though.  I'll settle into my luxury suite, go through some safety drills, tour the Amazon river, and have a welcome dinner/evening with the other guests.

DAY 6 (Wednesday)
We will go through the Amazon's largest tributary and see slow-moving three-toed sloths, iguanas, orioles, and horned screamers, as well as many other birds.  By lunch we will go on a jungle walk to the town of Magdalena, the home of the giant water lily.


DAY 7 (Thursday)
The most exciting thing about this day is that our tour guide will show us many medicinal plants where many of the world's pharmaceuticals care sourced.  Later we will travel the Pacaya River to see saki monkeys, capuchin monkeys, and heavy howler monkeys.  Once night falls we'll search in hopes to huge caimans.


DAY 8 (Friday)
Early in the morning we'll wake up to see parrots, macaws, toucans, and many different types of monkeys, as well as the infamous pink dolphins!


Right after breakfast we'll get armed with rods and bait to fish for over 3,000 species that inhabit the Amazon.  The key target will be the piranha.

DAY 9 (Saturday)
This is the last day of my cruise and we'll venture back to Iquitos where I'll fly back to Lima and stay the night in a hotel airport.

DAY 10 (Sunday)
My flight home departs Lima at 10:32am, to arrive home in Toronto by 9:50pm while stopping shortly in San Salvador.