Itinerary Days 1-5: Machu Picchu

DAY 1 (Friday)
I will spend the entire day flying and won't even land in Cusco until the morning of Day 2.

DAY 2 (Saturday)
I will land in Cusco at about 7:05am, then eventually to Machu Picchu approximately just after noon.  I'll check in to the Sanctuary Lodge Hotel where I'll have a classic standard room with a king size bed. 


That afternoon I will go on a hike to see the Puente Inca (Inca Bridge) which is carved right out of the mountain.  It is only a 35 minute hike from Machu Picchu.


There are two different restaurants as well as room service available where I'll eat all of my meals.

DAY 3 (Sunday)
I will buy a day pass to see the Inca ruins all day and take full advantage of that access to marvel at the ancient ruins and learn about their history.





DAY 4 (Monday)
I am going to go on a 2.5 hour hike to the top of Putucusi which is rated difficult, and I will need to be in good physical shape for this.
M=Machu Picchu     W=Wayna Picchu     P=Putucusi


Once at the top you are rewarded with a special view of Machu Picchu and the long winding road leading up the mountain (on the left).


This will take up the majority of my day and I will most likely relax for the remainder.

DAY 5 (Tuesday)
I check out this day, bus back to Cusco, fly to Lima, and then off to my Amazon cruise!